Saturday, April 9, 2011

Singapore-the ultimate prosumer destination

Marketing theory defines prosumers as those actively involved in creating their own customer experience. Whatever those who coined that term may have intended, that concept has lead to more business functions being transferred to the customer. But I'm digressing. In my week here, I have done more self service than in the entire year back in India.
  1. Topped up my prepaid mobile balance online-to avail of that 25%+ bonus offered by M-One
  2. Booked an online appointment for my Training Employment Pass(TEP) application
  3. Paid 20cents in an unattended box for using the public toilet
  4. Swiped my cards twice a day for using the bus/train
  5. Used the gothere.sg website for finding out directions-instead of asking an helpline
  6. Bagged my own fruits/vegetables without assistance from supermarket staff, because the billing is on a per piece/per prepacked bag. 
I'm sure this list will grow in the next 8 weeks. 

No comments: