http://www.meetup.com/Valuepickr-Mumbai-meetup-for-Value-Investing/events/233931806/ with the meeting report below
Though technology does distance us from the offline world, it can act as a force multiplier as well. For example, below tools were helpful
- Instamojo for collecting payments at a cost of just 4% (pricing was 2%+Rs 3/txn+tax)https://www.instamojo.com/
- Meetup for getting publicity to the event and ensuring RSVP/certain details
- Whatsapp as a communication tool
- Gmail for sharing presentations and coordinates
- Valupickr for starting the critical mass and getting people.
- Breathingroom https://breathingroom.co/ for helping get meeting rooms-though we discarded it it was still of great help to book a venue on demand
So far, without payments integration in India, Meetup is not an end-end platform.