Sunday, February 5, 2012

ICICI and Uninor-the tale of 2 contrasting customer service organizations

Below is the email I sent to my mobile service operator Uninor last Sunday on why I would be shifting from them after Mar-12.

  1. Customer calls getting transferred repeatedly to Hindi speaking operators although I select the right option 'English'
  2. VAS being wrongly charged to my account in May, and reversed after lots of hassle
  3. Website among the worst in the industry-details of add on/top ups not available online
  4. IVRS very unfriendly, almost impossible to get thorough to customer care executive
  5. And to top it all, tariffs among the highest-local/SMS now 60paise for me without any intimation-even Vodafone(best quality network) is much cheaper and user friendly.
Even after a week, I did not get any response(not that I was expecting one after the hassle I had in getting a Rs 30 VAS charge reverse). Contrast that to ICICI's customer service. They are impeccable in the call centre wait times/service, have a great site, awesome technology and polite personnel. And when I blogged day before yesterday(http://andy161.blogspot.in/2012/02/icicis-incredible-customer-analytics.html) about their incredible analytics, imagine my surprise when the Blogger Dashboard showed 4 visits from ICICI Social media console, within a period of 24hrs. Obviously, someone is tracking the mention of ICICI on a third party social media forum like this blog!

In the era of customer choice, the person who is most attuned to customers wins. While ICICI is no saint(sometimes accused of sharp practices/not having the benevolent image of PSU banks), it is living its motto 'khayal aapka' by keeping its ear to the ground and being responsive to customer issues/feedback not only that given directly but also elsewhere. It is such organizations which would win in the long run.

1 comment:

ICICI Bank Care said...

Hi

We are glad to hear that you're happy with our service. We appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team