Saturday, November 8, 2014

A healthy child leads to a happy home

When I received the Indiablogger email blast about Happy hours, it reminded me to start blogging again. And what more incentive than a possible Rs 1,000 flipkart voucher to get started again?

 I got hooked to reading as a kid when after school; I preferred to curl up on a sofa with a book, instead of playing with friends outside. That lack of outdoors physical activity did lead to a few extra pounds in school, but thanks to products like Horlicks, Boost, Boornvita and Chyawanprash, my immune system did not take a beating. 

Kids don't like medicine, and I was certainly no exception. Despite all the ads of 'Taste bhi health bhi' for Maggi etc, my parents never preferred noodles/fast food instead focusing on nutritional food like Chyawanprash which actually ensured 'Taste bhi health bhi'-that original tagline credit should go to them, as the sweet-sour taste and jam consistency, means it can be taken directly or with milk/bread, without losing its nutritional properties. Such nutritional spreads protected me from cough/cold in school days. After that, I took a break from all health food, till recently when I was down with the common cold/flu in Delhi and Mumbai. At that time, I realized I had to rebuild my immune system to avoid the 'Kejriwal cough’:D. And what better than to restart a course of Chyawanprash? It comes in many more variants including even a sugar free version.

Thankfully, after restarting the sugar free version of Chyawanprash (I don't have diabetes but why take the risk?), my cold/cough is a thing of the past, and despite being exposed to pollution day in/day out (an inherent risk of living in a metro), and my immune system is no longer taking a beating. Despite how much my lifestyle stretches my health to the fullest(think sedentary lifestyle/odd hours for food), the immunity bank was built up so excellently as a kid, that even as an adult, I rarely fall ill, and recover quickly from ailments. And this keeps my parents from worrying about how their son is doing away from home. So indeed, my being a healthy child, led to a happy home as a kid (no missing school due to small ailments: D), and even as an adult where they do not need to worry about my health.  As the company puts it in the link referenced above Dabur Chyawanprash’s magnificent brew of Ayurvedic herbs strengthens the body’s natural defence mechanism by stimulating your NK cells* (Natural Killer Cells). NK cells assist in fighting with virus and bacteria in your body, thus giving us increased immunity from various infections

 

Medical insurance rarely covers visits to OPD or cases involving treatment for infections/fevers/flu, which can involve a sizeable hit to your wallet. So in inflationary times, do protect your family’s health and financial future by inter-alia, incorporating health food like Chyawanprash in your normal diet. And do give them to kids early on for a sustained period so that they develop a taste for it later, and more importantly, are able to live their childhood to the fullest without missing out on activities for medical reasons. When children are able to become all-rounders, that satisfies them and their parents the most than just being sports jocks/nerds. For more information on doing this through health foods , you can go to this link
https://www.liveveda.com/daburchyawanprash/ which does go beyond mere product information, to actually educate the customer on how to take it. 

 


 

No comments: